[Coco] kreider C lib

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Jan 16 12:45:03 EST 2006

On Monday 16 January 2006 03:41, Bob Devries wrote:
>Does anyone know if the source code for Carl Kreider's C library is
>available?

I don't recall ever running across the srcs for that.  While it would be
just as easy to do a modbust on the c.lib style of file as it would be
on other such merged files, the header diff that marks the start of a
new C code module isn't $87CD, but $62CD.  Thats something I could have
put ino vfy had I thought of it, a variation on the -sk option by
enabling a -sc which isn't in it now.  And once the file has been
split, the disassembly shouldn't be difficult if disasm could be
trained to work with modules that start with a $62CD.  All the rest of
the modules header specs are the same as for one that starts with an
$87CD.

Perhaps one should attempt to find Carl and ask him?  Unforch, the first
two google hits on that name are to an obituary.  But the first one
doesn't read like the Carl Krieder we know, he was dean of economics at
Goshen College for about 50 years, and no mention of anything computer
related.  Ditto for the 2nd hit.  These obits seem to be about a year
old.  And he was in his 80's.

The third might be paydirt though, its a sane list posting from the year
2000, and gives quite a list of contact addresses as follows:

Carl Kreider
 aka
  [carlk|root]@syscon-intl.com    (219) 232-3900 Ext 207
   ckreider at gte.net  ckreider at acm.org ckreider at alumni.indiana.edu

Lets see what else I can find since thats a bit dated.

Yup, 2-3 hits on down might have clues:
<http://prt.fernuni-hagen.de/~bischoff/os9cross_e.html>
This page contains a link showing his mailto address is carlk at gte.net

And on farther down the next page of google hits, it lists, in a 1997
membership roster of the GCCC, a Carl Kreider from Goshen IN.  So maybe
that first hit, the obit, is indeed him.  If thats the case, his wifes
name was Debra.  I'm pinging that phone number above but its busy so
far.

A star per try **********

I wonder if they took the phone off the hook because its MLK day,
anyway, I give up, over half an hour I've been trying.

Perhaps Tony Padrosa can update us regarding Carl?

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: