[Coco] A virtual CoCo4....

RJRTTY at aol.com RJRTTY at aol.com
Sun Jan 15 11:52:44 EST 2006

In a message dated 1/15/06 10:52:18 A.M. Eastern  Standard Time,
farna at att.net writes:
>Will the P166 laptop (remember, a  laptop generally runs a bit fater than a
desktop due to >better integration  -- "seat of the pants" feel on this one is
like a P233 or so desktop) be fast  >enough to seem at least like 4-5 MHz
CoCo, or at worse a standard CoCo3 at  2MHz? Any >problems with the LCD screen?

I have used the Kiel emulator on a lap top for about 3-4 years now.
My laptop is an old Tecra 550 CDT using a standard pentium  1.

I estimate it to be 11 times faster than a coco1-2 and 5-6 times
faster than a 2 mhz coco3.   And that was in windows.  It  also runs
in DOS.  Actually, it runs on windows in a DOS prompt window.

Roy