[Coco] freeware lint for PC?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Jan 14 01:18:53 EST 2006

On Saturday 14 January 2006 00:47, Bob Devries wrote:
>Does anyone know of a freeware version of "LINT" for dos or Windows?

Not that I'm aware of Bob.  I hacked on a syntax checker called lint
which wasn't a real lint, or stable & accurate by any stretch, and
called my version 'cntx' that might be helpfull.  It counts all those
{}, (), [], etc stuffs to make sure there is a closer for every opener
& things like that.  I even ported it to linux and used it to find a
bug in heyu several years ago.  But that version of heyu has been
replaced with a much better one now.  That cntx code might be a rough
starter for a lint if someone wants to tackle it.  But all it checks
right now is punctuation.  There are some other, quite decent tools for
linux, currently I think most are using either valgrind which watches
running processes, or the coverity checker, which analyzes the src
code, reporting unused vars or var used wrong, sick bird memory
accesses etc.

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: