[Coco] CC 252

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Jan 14 00:39:54 EST 2006

On Friday 13 January 2006 23:37, Bob Devries wrote:
>Gene, the c.prep version 1.9 that I have is from the archive
> cprep19.lzh. It has a crc of $B07C0E. (Ed $09, length $520D)

Humm, that crc is bad then.  I wonder what happened to it?  I have 3
copies of 1.9 under various names but they are in fact all identical,
including the crc.  So I'm sitting here trying to puzzle out whats
happened to the archive on RTSI that would shorten the file by 14 bytes
& leave it with what ident or vfy thinks is a 'good' crc.

I don't have a version on my drive with either that length, or that crc.
Length is $5219, and vfy will say its edition 9, with a data size of
$781E. A 64k coco1-2 may not be able to run it because of that.

Its late, but ping me again and I'll see if I can dd up a disk image
with the right one on it for you.

Whats the size of that .lzh archive?  I have one here thats probably
from rtsi, via the long way around and its:
-rw-r--r--  1 gene gene 43456 Nov 29  2001 cprep19.lzh
43,456 bytes long.

Now the silly question is how do I unpack this on a linux box?

>I have 16K of system ram free, and 1920K of main memory free (I'm
> using MESS V102 here).
>
>Using the above c.prep works fine compiling cc V2.5.2.

Which isn't a particularly large hunk of code, I've built it several
times myself after changeing some default.