[Coco] History and evolution of NitrOS-9

Alan Jones w8oaj at verizon.net
Thu Jan 26 17:09:58 EST 2006

Today I was thinking about the history or "evolution of" NitrOS-9.
I have several questions:
1. Did the programmers who developed NitrOS-9 get permission to add to OS-9?
2. Did any of the developers of  NitrOS-9 work for Microware?
3. Who got the source code for OS-9 and how hard was it come by?
4. How much extra code was added to the original software? (in other
words, was it a complete re-write or was modifications made)

Please see the following:
http://www.nitros9.org/faq.html

----------
Q. Is it legal to download and use NitrOS-9?

A. NitrOS-9 has been in existence since 1994, having been created by a
number of dedicated individuals within the Color Computer community.
Much of the code was written by the original NitrOS-9 team: Wes Gale,
Bill Noble and Curtis Boyle. Later, Alan DeKok made even further
improvements. Therefore, NitrOS-9 is an operating system created by the
Color Computer Community, for the Color Computer Community.

Thanks for reading my questions and have a nice day!

Alan