[Coco] question to the hardware gurus (Gene?)

Torsten Dittel Torsten at Dittel.info
Tue Jan 24 19:18:07 EST 2006

Would someone have a look at
http://www.homecinemapage.de/sync.htm
Who can explain the funtion of the 620 ohm resitance R1 and the 560
picofarad capacitor in the second schematic? FBAS is composite video. It
looks like a low pass filter to me, could it be a color burst filter
(don't know the burst's frequency of PAL)? What if a replacement for the
LM1881 would have an integrated color burst filter, could I connect the
video signal directly to C1?
Same question for C3, what's its function concerning the power supply?
Removing HF noise from the IC's voltage?
THX,
Torsten