[Coco] Computer Engineering Question...

Roger Merchberger zmerch at 30below.com
Mon Jan 16 14:20:29 EST 2006

OK, this is the part of the computer engineering classes I took in college
that never quite made it through my thick skull... Timing waveforms &
whatnot... Ungh.

What I want to do is build a CoCo hacking station, and one of the first
things I want to do is desolder the ROM and run all the wires/leads to the
top case externally, and then install an external ZIF socket for easily
reprogramming/playing with the internal ROM. Eventually, I want to make it
a "Really Big Embedded Computer." ;-)

My question: Will I have to do anything to ensure that there's no
appreciable ringinginginging on the address/data buss or other problems,
timing or otherwise? Toroid cores on the lines, extra decoupling cap on the
power pins, stuff like that? Or should I be OK in that regard, as I'm not
talking 50 feet... ;-)

I have access to 200ns (or faster) CMOS parts, will that make a difference,
or again, will that matter?

Thanks,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger  --  SysAdmin, Iceberg Computers
zmerch at 30below.com

Hi! I am a .signature virus.  Copy me into your .signature to join in!