[Coco] Re: [Color Computer] Ebay bad sellers

Ben Willis benwillis at verizon.net
Sat Feb 25 23:58:26 EST 2006

Basil,

This simply sounds like a bug in the eBay system. Your statement that

"I am suspended yet I am buying and selling, WHAT!!! "

indicates such.  I'm sure if you echoed the entire email verbatim, and explained to them nicely (you get more
flies with honey than you do with vinegar, sorry for the cliche) I'm sure it will be fine.

Remember, more likely than not, it is the eBay system (i.e. a computer) that is sending you nagging emails,
therefore it is pointless to let it get to you.  Think of it like an automated telemarketing call - all you have to
do is hang up (or delete the nagging email).

As for unpaid item strikes, I make it a habit to always go through Paypal. That way, there is always a verifiable
record of the purchase, which protects both buyer and seller.  Maybe I'm just lucky, but I've had good luck
much more often than bad luck on eBay.  The worst part is the fees are getting overly burdensome - eBay
really has a monopoly in the online auction business and is so far ahead of the competition they can charge
whatever they want.

Still, they didn't get there by harassing their members.  I really think if you're patient, perseverant, and don't let
the emails bug you, then you will eventually get it fixed.

Good Luck,
Ben