[Color Computer] [coco] The coco cassette

KnudsenMJ at aol.com KnudsenMJ at aol.com
Sat Feb 25 15:28:39 EST 2006

In a message dated 2/24/06 6:49:27 PM Eastern Standard Time,
yahoo at dvdplayersonly.com writes:

>I  dimly recall that the coco was famous for being the fastest and most
>reliable.

Right.  The Coco uses sine waves (there is a little sine waveform in  16
bytes of the BASIC ROM), instead of the square (boolean) waves that other  home
computers used.

Sine waves don't suffer nearly as much phase distortion in cheap tape
recorders, and get reproduced reasonably well.  I had very little trouble  with my
Coco on various tape recorders (never did own an official Radio Shack  "data"
recorder).  --Mike K.