[Coco] Re: 6309 bitmd instruction

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Feb 20 22:11:06 EST 2006

On Monday 20 February 2006 13:00, DAVID MACIAS wrote:
>With that logic then we should all learn to speak Chinese.

That wasn't chinese David, although there may be enough similarity that
they can read each others written stuff.

As for learning to speak chinese, yes I fear for my children &
grandchildren & even great-grandchildren (I have a few of those
already) as they will have a very real problem with that if we don't
have a serious attitude readjustment, get busy again and make use of
that famous american ingenuity, the kind that put us on the moon nearly
40 years ago now.  But that means we as a society are going to have to
be able to tolerate the attitude readjustment that will take.  Our
expected "standard of living" vs how hard we work for it is way out of
kilter IMO.  First we fix the borked patent office, the first hesitant
baby steps of that having been taken just this past week, and then we
shoot all the lawyers like Bill S. recommended 200+ years ago.

On second thought, shoot the lawyers first, then the patent office will
get fixed a lot faster because then they'll have to actually use common
sense, a totally unknown and novel idea for them for about 30 years
now.  And please note there's no smiley appended here...

Me, I won't have to learn chinese as I'm already borderline diabetic, so
the odds of my living enough additional years for that to happen aren't
that great.  On our present path, I'd guess 15-20 years, and I'm
already 71.