[Coco] Coco 2 question

Brian Blake random_rodder at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 17 20:04:16 EST 2006

I'm not too sure about that...

  The 64k Coco2 (TRS-80 markings) with the missing ECB chip is a 26-3127 mfg in the USA, according to the sticker, and it has the vertical channel switch.

  The other 64k Coco2 (Tandy markings), 26-3127B mfg in the USA, according to the sticker, and it has the horizontal channel switch.

  And after closer looking closer to the two machines, the I/O ports and TV out are reversed from one another.

  I have a Korean 26-3136 (Radio Shack markings) unit the has the exact same layout as the 26-3127B.

  Serial Nos are as follows:

  64k USA 26-3127 Coco2 w/o ECB: 0190090

  64k USA 26-1327B Coco2: 296461

  64k Korean 26-3136 Coco2: 2056956

  Brian

Ward Griffiths <wdg3rd at comcast.net> wrote:
  On 02/16/2006 10:23 pm, Brian Blake wrote:
> This one is different from my other Coco2's and the 3/4 channel switch is
> located above the TV out jack and slides vertically.
>
> The two chip sockets (one empty) is located directly behind the reset
> button and to the right of the video modulator.

I forget which are which, but that's the difference between the Coco 2 as
manufactured in Texas and as manufactured in Korea (Tandy Corp. owned both
factories).
Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net

I think boys might benefit from owning a Barbie doll; every young man
should understand what an expensive proposition it is to cohabitate with
a narcissistic woman built like a stripper. -- Tony Woodlief