[Coco] Coco 2 question

Brian Blake random_rodder at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 17 16:27:01 EST 2006

Thanks for the info, Mike.

When I get home, I'll look at it and maybe take some digital pics if necessary just to be sure.

Brian

Mike Pepe <lamune at doki-doki.net> wrote: Brian Blake wrote:
> ***Stupid question warning***
>
> What should I look for when trying to find a ECB rom for this unit? I'll assume for now (until I take it a part and look at a schematic) that the empty socket I can see is where the missing ROM would go. Did R/S use different ECB ROMs in the Coco2's. I've located a couple and would like to be a little more educated on it prior to attempting this...
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

Depends on the CoCo 2.

If it has an empty 24 pin socket, it'll take a 68764-type eprom. One of
us here could probably sell you one. I think I have some extras.

If it has a 28 pin socket, that's a little more complicated. you have to
replace the 2764-type ROM with a 27128 eprom and solder a bunch of
jumpers on the board.