[Coco] Coco 2 question

Brian Blake random_rodder at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 16 22:23:29 EST 2006

Anything is possible at this point. The sticker on the bottom says the following:

  Model - 26-3127
  Serial - 0190090

  TRS-80
  64k Color Computer

  Another sticker added to the bottom says 26-1122
  64k RAM

  I can see where the case has been opened.

  This one is different from my other Coco2's and the 3/4 channel switch is located above the TV out jack and slides vertically.

  The two chip sockets (one empty) is located directly behind the reset button and to the right of the video modulator.

  Brian

Stephen Castello <zootzoot at cfl.rr.com> wrote:
  On Thu, 16 Feb 2006 17:58:18 -0800 (PST), Brian Blake
had a flock of green cheek conures squawk
out:

>One of my Coco2's I got off of eBay comes up to a "Color Basic 1.2" message and an OK prompt. No Microsoft/Microware licensing message at all. My other 2 Coco 2's, My Coco1 and 3 all have the Microware/Microsoft message. Is this a common occurrence or is there something missing? I can look into the cooling vents, near the reset switch, and see one chip and an empty socket.

Also, it may only have 16KB ram.

IIRC, the Radio Shack 64KB upgrade required the extended basic rom
upgrade.

Stephen