[Coco] Re: Coco printer primer...

Brian Blake random_rodder at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 16 16:22:35 EST 2006

Yes, Torsten, you are correct. Thanks for explaining it better than I could...

Brian

Torsten Dittel <Torsten at Dittel.info> wrote: > > I'm guessing that when using the printer mode of the bit banger is send
> > only and makes no use of the RS232's bi-directional capability.

I think Brian wanted to say there's no serial data transmitted back into
the CoCo. In BASIC the CoCo's data input pin 2 (RxD) is just used to
read a status line (online/offline) of the printer.