CVS problems WAS:Re: [Coco] is there a tool, which...

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Feb 7 23:53:29 EST 2006

On Tuesday 07 February 2006 22:35, Bob Devries wrote:
>Gene, you said:
>> When doing the login, when it asks for a passwd, just hit the return
>> key, and you'll have an anonymous checkout only connection for the
>> user you are logged into your machine as. When it returns, then you
>> should be able to do an anonymous checkout with the next example
>> showing the " co " along with the desired tree to checkout.
>
>Whether I try with or without username, a requester comes up asking
> for a password.
>I don't have one, so I just press enter. This then causes an error,
> and does not give me access, anonymous or not.

Humm.  Theoreticly it shouldn't do that, but me not a cvs expert by any
means.

>> OTOH, if Alan has set you up with an account, then you'll need to
>> use the passwd, and you should be able to do checkins too.
>
>Alan did set up an account for me, but no password was issued for it
> (I didn't ask for one).

In that event, I think its supposed to use the keyfile you supplied as
authentication, but I'm extremely hazy on the details of how that
works.  Maybe its not installed at the location on your box that cvs is
looking at?  But thats a wild stab in the dark...

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: