[Coco] Minesweeper

Diego Barizo diegoba at adinet.com.uy
Mon Feb 6 23:35:02 EST 2006

Thanks Robert.
This is just the kind of feedback I needed.
 The new version will be CoCo 3 specific, with much better (I hope)
graphics.

Robert Gault wrote:

> Hi Diego,
>
> Minesweeper is a nice little program. Good job!

<snip>

> 3) It is not necessary to initialize variables to zero in Basic, it's
> automatic. That means line 60 is not needed. However, since the
> program restarts not with RUN but GOTO50, it is necessary to find a
> fast way to zero out the array on a rerun. Change line 40 to   40
> CLEAR:DIM M(27,14) and make the program restart with GOTO40.

I never realized that I could reinitialize a DIM after a CLEAR!

I've also just finished reading your article in CoCoNutz about "The art
of BASIC programming". I remember that years ago I run into a similar
article, but couldn't remember the recommendations they gave. Even a few
months ago I "googled" for something that will help me with the GOTOs
and GOSUBs.
Now I'll always write my subroutines on the top of the listing, the most
used first.

Thanks again.
Diego