[Coco] My pet CoCo Project...

Ward Griffiths wdg3rd at comcast.net
Wed Feb 1 17:58:57 EST 2006

On 01/31/2006 11:21 pm, Brian Blake wrote:
> One of the projects I am looking at doing when I get all of the parts, is
> to transplant a CoCo into a Model III case. I saw this done years ago
> (probably 1983) and have always wanted to try it, but, did not have the $$$
> to attempt it. Now I have a couple CoCo's and am looking to get a Model
> III/4 case. I am looking at a complete Model 4 right now. Will the floppy
> disk drives for the Model4 work with the CoCo? I haven't messed with a CoCo
> in 15 years so I'm a little rusty...

The drives in the model 4 will work just fine with a Coco controller.  Though
as long as you have the case open anyway, you might as well replace the
drives with double-sided.  Planning to replace the tube or leave it
monochrome?

I've got an old (as in very early) Compaq luggable case I intend to use for a
Coco 3 repack.
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

I think boys might benefit from owning a Barbie doll; every young man
should understand what an expensive proposition it is to cohabitate with
a narcissistic woman built like a stripper.  --  Tony Woodlief