[Coco] RETRIEVING Disk Images

Torsten Dittel Torsten at Dittel.info
Wed Feb 15 14:22:32 EST 2006

I've just been able to RETRIEVE about 66% of the disk images with the
"can't read the first sector" problem: I connected the TEAC FD55-E
drive, used Omnidisk the way I described before (just changed the "rate"
parameter from "2" to "1" because the drive is spinning with 360 instead
of 300 RPM (or vice versa? Doesn't matter...) and adjusted the drive's
speed to maximum. For unknown reasons my theory to slow it down didn't
work (I wanted to make the track header "longer" that way), any ideas
welcomed. I still think the Catweasel MK4 will be the best solution.
Regards,
Torsten