[Coco] OT - Interesting Info

Steve Ostrom smostrom at mn.rr.com
Sat Feb 11 00:21:16 EST 2006

Just read the most recent Computer Shopper, and saw a short article
titled "Commodore Resurrected for Comeback".

"A Dutch consumer-media company is hoping it can tap the power of the
VIC-20, the PET, and the Commodore 64 with its new wave of products,
including a home media center device and a portable Global Positioning
System (GPS) unit/media player."

I think the real intent of this project was to use the name, not
necessarily the old 8-bit technology, but it still is kind of cool.
I've never been a fan of this brand, but it certainly was popular back
when many of us on this list were doing our Coco thing (and still are !!).

-- Steve --