[Coco] Tower of Babble, CoCo Community style.

Stephen H. Fischer SFischer1 at MindSpring.com
Wed Feb 8 20:11:29 EST 2006

Hi,

I have "Urbane" ready for general use but I am uncertain as to what format
Archive to use.

Urbane is a CoCo 2 program with CoCo 3 keywords in its keyword table but it
 does not use any CoCo 3 features. I believe that it will run on any
CoCo platform or emulator on any platform.

The resulting "run" version would of course run only on the correct target
CoCo.  You can develop any CoCo program on a CoCo 2 but if you use CoCo 3
keywords the testing can only be done on a CoCo 3 platform.

I now have the archive type as "ZIP" but I am concerned that some platforms
do not have a "UNZIP".

I have thought about "LHA" which I think I only have a version for OS-9 and
that one is suspect due to at least one version being a dead end choice and
I suspect that's the one I have. I remember also problems with long file
names even though OS-9 supports long file names.

OS-9 usage of "Urbane" may or may not be low because of the much better
BASIC09. Os-9 does have the necessary full screen editors.

I have not seen any problems lately with CR-LF,  CR or LF line endings so it
appears that the tools that I use automatically adjust. This may not be true
on all platforms and editors. Should I worry about this?

I am providing the documentation in HTM(L) format only as I discovered a bug
in the "ConTex" editor's RTF output.

The two essential files, Urbane's source and run version can be obtained by
saving the HTM files as text only as well as the documentation.

Comments?

Stephen H. Fischer