[Coco] Rainbow IDE 2.0 Basic and Gold in the works

Stephen H. Fischer SFischer1 at MindSpring.com
Sun Dec 31 04:16:11 EST 2006

Hi,

I think that the OP is talking about a disassembler that is part emulator.

Starting at an entry point or other point that is suspected is code, the CPU
registers are set up with normal initial contents and the code sequence is
followed,  all branches are remembered and are followed taken in turn until
all possible code sequences are found.

This allows the code and data parts of the program to be identified without
the user doing anything other than saying "do it".

Instruction types for data access effective addresses are marked as data.

The closer to a real emulator, the better the automated process.

This is a much harder process than any of the 6x09 disassemblers I have
seen. No grease required and this will produce better results for most all
people without them being an really good expert programmer, of which there
are fewer and fewer today.

Stephen H. Fischer