[Coco] Eerily ontopic... MythTV find!

Dave Kelly daveekelly at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 29 23:07:25 EST 2006

Roger Taylor wrote:
> At 02:51 PM 12/29/2006, you wrote:
>> Checking out the latest version of KnoppMyth (a knoppix-installer CD
>> designed for creating a Linux-based TiVo-like device) which was just
>> released on Christmas Day (Merry Xmas! ;-) and I went to the changelog to
>> see what was new... and scrolled down to the bottom, and lookey what I saw:
>>
>> =-=-=-=
>>
>> 02-07-04
>> Release 4 Version 2 "CoCo 3"
>> Updated XMLTV 0.5.28-1
>> Updated IvyTV drivers 0.1.19
>> [[[ more changelog stuff snipped ]]]
>>
>> 11-3-03
>> Release 4 "CoCo2"
>> Added Auto Install and upgrade scripts.
>> Added FFMPEG(used by Motion).
>> Added IVTV decoder-alpha
>> [[[ more changelog stuff snipped ]]]
>>
>> =-=-=-=
>

> What on Earth does all that mean?  :)

These are all linux/unix applications.
  1. Run XMLTV

  XMLTV is a collection of scripts which download TV listings to a local
XML file.
The scripts are named by location, for example, tv_grab_na for North
America,
or tv_grab_de for Germany. With the North American script, you first
configure it for your provider by
  FFMPEG(1)
                                          FFMPEG(1)

  NAME
         ffmpeg - FFmpeg video converter

  SYNOPSIS
         ffmpeg [[infile options][-i infile]]... {[outfile options]
outfile}...

  DESCRIPTION
         If no input file is given, audio/video grabbing is done.

         As a general rule, options are applied to the next specified
file. For example, if you give the -b 64 option, it
         sets the video bitrate of the next file. Format option may be
needed for raw input files.

         By default, ffmpeg tries to convert as losslessly as possible:
it uses the same audio and video parameter for the
         outputs as the one specified for the inputs.
  MOTION(1)                                    Motion Options and Config
Files                                   MOTION(1)

  NAME
         motion -   Detect motion using a video4linux device

  SYNOPSIS
         motion  [ -BCDhlmNpQw] [ -A ipnr] [ -a seconds] [ -c changes] [
-d device] [ -E command] [ -F file] [ -f nr] [ -G
         seconds] [ -g seconds] [ -i input] [ -L noise] [ -M address] [
-n norm] [ -O command] [ -P device] [ -q  quality]
         [ -S nr] [ -s widthxheight] [ -t target dir] [ -u user:pass ] [
-U webcam_path ] [ -V device]

  DESCRIPTION
         Motion  uses a video4linux device to detect motion. If motion
is detected both normal and motion pictures will be
         taken. Motion can also take actions to notify you if needed.
Creation of automated snapshots is also possible.

--
The trouble with trouble is it starts out as fun.