[Coco] Glove Final Release.

John Kowalski sock at axess.com
Wed Dec 27 21:38:52 EST 2006

Hi James,

I was unsuccessful getting the .wav version of the release to play - the
first part loaded fine, but when it gets to the end of loading the levels
(switched to 2nd .wav) the screen reports a loading error and keeps trying
again - always with the same results at the 3 minute mark of the 2nd wav.

Plan B was to make a real CoCo disk from the .dsk image and that worked just
fine and the game runs fine on my CoCo 3.  I got to the 9th level - gotta
practice some more!  I used to be able to play indefinately with one quarter
on Gauntlet in the arcades if the difficulty settings wasn't set too high.

It's impressive how many of Gauntlet's elements are in this game.  Had this
been released for the CoCo in the early 80's, it would have sold quite well.

The only glitch to note is that the screens jump around a bit sometimes when
it switches between the two graphics pages - This *might* only happen on a
CoCo 3.  I'd guess it happens if the graphics page registers are only
partially updated at the moment the CoCo 3 latches the starting address of
the screen at the top of the frame/raster.

At 06:09 PM 27/12/2006 -0000, James McKay wrote:
>Thanks.
>
>Yes, the WAVs will load, I tested it on a 64K CoCo 2 myself.
>
>> It might also be cool if you could convince Brad Grier to add an image of
>> the game to Mocha ( http://members.cox.net/javacoco/ ) so that everyone
>> could play it online through their web browser.
>
>Ah, good idea, I'll do that.  But I see that Mocha can't get past the
>PAL/NTSC detection routine.
>
>Here's a line to put in the BASIC loader (disk version) to force it to work
>on Mocha:
>46 POKE &H25FC,&H4F:POKE &H25FD,&H4C:POKE &H25FE,&H39
>
>bye,
>James McKay.

                                         John Kowalski (Sock Master)
                                         http://www.axess.com/twilight/sock/