[Coco] Brrr! Back from the dark ages

Jim Cox jimcox at miba51.com
Sat Dec 16 20:49:38 EST 2006

Hi James:

We've had some interesting weather this year, and to be
honest, it may be due in part to the start of global
warming.  Our weather is heavily influenced by both the
Japan Current and the Central Pacific, which are starting
to see some changes.

We've had record rain (+15 inches) in November, early
snow, and then a late wind storm.  We are expected to get
more rain in December.  Contrary to popular belief, it
doesn't rain all that much in Seattle, about 34" to 38",
but it does drizzle quite a bit.  I think we'll see 45"
50" this year.

As for ducking and covering, if you meant yourself, no
need, I see the humor, but for us locals, we best duck and
cover when we hear a 100 foot pine tree coming our way.  I
live in a suburban area that is pretty well groomed, and
there are about 20 to 30 trees down just in my block.  I
think the rains softed the ground and contributed to the
high number of trees coming down.

Take care.

Jim