[Coco] Interesting Ebay find.

theother_bob theother_bob at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 13 23:04:30 EST 2006

I bought one of those keyboards (CoCo3 layout with black bezel) at the Shack around '83-'84, priced as marked at $4.95. It was not listed as a CoCo accessory or upgrade, but anyone who had opened a CoCo would recognize the ribbon connector and "approximate" keyboard layout. I did know (through ads and reviews) that the CoCo had four unused key positions that this keyboard seemed to fill, so even as an amateur teenager I couldn't pass it up... thank God!! :D

The white case CoCo 1 was only offered as a 64K ECB machine, and did not say Color Computer 2 anywhere, just Color Computer. Besides prototypes, I would suspect that the CoCo2 in a CoCo1 white case is probably the rarest computer we have in the CoCo family (but we'll probably never know for sure.)

Bob