[Coco] [Color Computer] Has anyone seen Roger Taylo r? (sneakerpimps)

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Dec 2 15:19:37 EST 2006

On Saturday 02 December 2006 15:03, Roger Taylor wrote:

>> > Manny, I'm here.
>> >
>> > I'm working on restoring the forum members now.  It's not that I
>> > ignored the hack or couldn't fix the problem since the date it
>> > happened, but I was in the iron claw of my other job for several
>> > weeks and wasn't aware of the problem.  Why (he) chose that period
>> > to do the attack is beyond me, but I'm working to bring'er back and
>> > to take care of the source of the problem.
>>
>>Glad to see you back Roger. :) Once the members are back, I'll PM
>>you to see how
>>things are... I'd email you, but my emails are always bounced back
>>to me. Might
>>you have another email address, maybe like gmail or something?
>>
>>-M.
>
>I've got a serious spam problem, with hundreds per day coming in, so
>I am in the process of changing my addresses yet again, but will use
>the Contact Me forms on my sites to pass e-mails my way silently.

If you're running linux on that box, I can walk you through setting up
fetchmail to use procmail as its MTA, which will pipe all incoming msgs
thru spamd, where the header will be marked, and your email agents
filters can then redirect the spam to /dev/null or where ever. I sort all
that stuff to JunqueMail with a filter in kmail, and then go through that
once a day looking for false positives, a rare occurrence, and for
wholesale, highlight them all and hit the del key disposal.  So spam, at
the 400+ level a day here, is a 5 minute job to dispose of.

Spamassassin is trainable, so it will gradually learn your preferences as
to whats spam and whats ham.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)