[Coco] Legal to put ALL Coco software (and other obsolete micros) up for download?

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz dennis-iii at maltedmedia.com
Fri Dec 1 12:52:17 EST 2006

At 11:20 AM 12/1/06 -0600, L. Curtis Boyle wrote:
>When it says "other libraries", would some of our preservation websites
>(for any obsolete computer) be considered as such? The complete text in
>PDF form is available here:
>http://www.copyright.gov/1201/docs/1201_recommendation.pdf

That's what I get for reading summaries. It looks like you are right.
This is effective immediately and runs for only three years (extending
a previous rule).

This is a rulemaking decision, essentially modifying this:
http://www.washingtonwatchdog.org/documents/cfr/title37/part201.html
to interpret the US code section 1201:
(http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode17/usc_sec_17_00001201----000-.html)

Worth reading, by the way -- both the rulemaking and its logic, and the
original copyright law.

Dennis