[Coco] Interesting Ebay find.

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Tue Dec 12 17:39:18 EST 2006

Hi,

I've just bought from ebay UK, a white CoCo 2, in a CoCo 1 case, model
number is 26-3026, the machine has standard color basic and 16K of ram.

Glen, mentions on his site that this model number is "reportedly" found
on some CoCo1 sized Korean made CoCo 2s, sold in Australia. It would
appear that they where also sold here in the UK, which makes sense as
both use PAL/240V.

I have posted a couple of pictures here :-

http://daria.bio.warwick.ac.uk/~bshu/CoCo/White/

(warning 600k images :) ).

A couple of observations....

1) This definatly appears to be a CoCo 2, as it has the 28 pin custom
chip that the 2 had (or at least my 2 other CoCo2s do :) ).

2) It seems to be fitted with a 68A09, which is a 1.5MHz rated part
rather than a 1.0MHz, which is odd, but I guess that's what Tandy could
get at the time.

3) Almost every major chip is socketed, even the VDG, however the basic
ROM is not, however there is a spare socket for an ECB rom.

Cheers.

Phill.