[Coco] CoCo TV DVD status

Roger Taylor webmaster at coco3.com
Sat Dec 9 15:52:27 EST 2006

To: "Jim Cox" <jimcox at miba51.com>
Subject: CoCo TV DVD status

At 09:31 AM 12/8/2006, you wrote:

>By the way, I have been buried at work and have not had the time to
>catch up with the CoCo scene, but I do know you are offering a
>DVD.  When will it be out, and also, how many seats are allowed with
>the Rainbow CD.  I haven't used mine yet and I don't remember
>getting any license info.

Jim,

The CoCo TV DVD was planned for release in mid November but has gone
over the due date.  Some video content contributed to issue 1 has
been extremely hard to convert from Pal to NTSC using all tools known
to man (on my systems), so this has caused a delay, but things are
looking good as of now so I'm finishing up on the remaining content
for Disc 1 of ?.

Disc 1 shall arrive in December before Xmas, followed by 1 or more
DVDs in Jan/Feb 2007.  All prepaid customers using the preorder
button are covered/prepaid for the entire series no matter where the
price ends up on the official release date.

So.... it's best to order now for the $12.95 price and lock in for
the DVD series that could very well cost me more than that in
royalties alone to produce.  I'll have to set the final price high
enough to cover all of my expenses and materials, ofcourse.  This is
not easy to do and come up with a price attractive to most people
scratching their head saying, "hmm a CoCo DVD, I could probably do
without that".

Also, there is a 99% chance that each DVD will be branded in VIDEO of
each customer's full name and other information to deter copying and
sharing.  Once a copy leaks who can guarantee that the
ever-branching-tree effect won't cause your copy to end up back in my
hands within one or two weeks.  So please do the right community
thing and if you want a copy of the DVD set, purchase one and sleep better!  :)

Thanks,
Roger Taylor

--
Roger Taylor