[Coco] hacker Hunt-Down Status

Roger Taylor webmaster at coco3.com
Sat Dec 2 15:25:59 EST 2006

The first response, though automated, has come from the hacker's ISP:
I am going to send the Forum log file to them soon, and I like the
subpoena/court order idea if it's needed.

*****

Subject: [************] abuse report for IP 69.56.245.170

This is an automatic reply from Theplanet.com Network Abuse Response
Center regarding the recent report that you sent.

We have received your report of possible abuse of our network
resources.  Although we review and investigate each email we receive,
due to the number of incident complaints we receive we cannot
guarantee a personal response to your message.  However, we may
contact you in response to any incident that concerns eminent threats
of bodily injury or damage to property.

For Spam (UCE): Please always include the full headers to any
unsolicited commercial E-mail. Always include the subject line.

For unauthorized Access Attempts If you are sending mail regarding a
possible unauthorized access attempt, port scan, or attack of any
sort that appears to be coming from an The Planet IP address, please
provide the portion of the logs where the problem exists.

For information regarding a customer, please provide us with a
subpoena or court order.

Matters involving Copyright infringement we require that you provide
us with a full and complete DMCA, which can be found at
http://www.copyright.gov.

Remember that this may be the only response that you receive if you
find that you have further information in regards to the issue at
hand please send it to us.

Thank you,

Policy Enforcement
The Planet Internet Services, Inc.