[Coco] scan documents and turn into pdf

Dean Leiber adit at 1stconnect.com
Thu Aug 31 13:25:19 EDT 2006

On Aug 30, 2006, at 1:17 PM, Roger Merchberger wrote:

> Rumor has it that Mike Pepe may have mentioned these words:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I scanned a couple of things that might be of interest.... [snip]
>>
>> I will turn these into PDFs. Currently they're a bunch of 600 dpi
>> b&w tiffs.
>>
>> For those of  you who have done this before, any comments? should
>> I resample them down to 300dpi, for example?
>
> [[ The following assumes 300dpi is still very readable ]]
>
> Depends - do you plan on keeping the original scans (and possibly
> emailing the originals to a few people willing to archive them) -
> or once the PDFs are created, delete the originals?

OK, I'll put my 2 cents in here; Keep the original 600 DPI archived
and create either 300 DPI (for printing) or 72 DPI (Viewing on
Monitor) for distribution. You'd be surprised how big a few 600 dpi
images get, and not everyone has broadband to download these
things.   However, we all do appreciate the time and effort you took
to scan these things!

Also, I am working on an archive (slowly but surely) for documents.
and I would love to get a copy of whatever things you've done.