[Coco] ASM Coders - Round two!

Brian bpa65117 at bigpond.net.au
Thu Aug 31 00:16:58 EDT 2006

Hi Fellow Coconuts,

James said.
I'd really love it if the source to the Spectral Associates or
Intracolor (Intercolor?) games would come out.  I'd love to update
those for the CoCo3.  Time Bandit would also be a good game to update.

Yeap, I definitely agree with ya on that, I'd love to see a updated version of Time Bandits, using the graphics abilities of the coco 3, How about a update of Draconin, Pop eye, Etc, Now these are the games I'd like to see updated to coco 3 graphics. But Don't forget there were heaps of Top quality Coco 1,2 games, That could be updated to use a Full 16 colors on a 320x200 screen.
But having the source code to these brilliant games would be even better, That way, If or when we become more proficient at Assembly, We could do the updates ourselves.

Another thing that could help novices like David and myself, would be a reference type card, which lists the equivalent Basic Rsdos code to what it is in Assembly, and some simple source code.
Example, would be the Hscreen2 in Asm, how it is setup, and so forth, For/next loop in basic to it's ASM counterpart Etc, This way someone who is proficient in basic programming, might be inclined to give ASM coding ago.

laters

Briza