[Coco] Finally got broadband (ot)

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Aug 29 22:42:36 EDT 2006

On Tuesday 29 August 2006 17:42, Kevin Diggs wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Yeah, I remember a 300 baud dialup that lasted about 3 days before I
>> figured out howto get 1200, then 1200, 2400, 9600, 14,4k, 28.8 &
>> finally 56k dialups.  Now I have ADSL at 256k up/1.5M down for less
>> money at the end of the month.  I don't think I'd survive having to go
>> back, the frustration would give me a heart attack or stroke.
>
> How did you swing ADSL for less money? What'ya payin'?
>
>     kevin

$30.  But since I don't have to pay for the old dialup access anymore,
which was also about $30, and if I didn't want the freedom plan I could
drop back to basic residential, which would then have me paying 20-30 a
month in long distance charges to get to that dialup provider.

So I used those savings to justify the freedom plan, which lets me call
anyplace in the lower 48 for $59.95/month.

So at the end of the month, my vz bill is $106, whereas before I was paying
2 people about $120-130 a month total.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)