[Coco] Finally got broadband (ot)

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz dennis-i at maltedmedia.com
Mon Aug 28 07:55:46 EDT 2006

At 09:43 PM 8/28/06 +1000, David Roper wrote:
>I started out at 2400, jumping to 14.4k then up to 56k, and 128k ISDN.
>Now I'm on 1500/256k :) :) :)

Children. :)

110 baud here in 1979, and some folks in this crowd remembering my funny
story about the telephone guy having to come out from the central office
and twist two lines together to get the Model I to work at the 300 baud
upgrade, and give me one of the first private telephone lines in town.
(There were 330 residents and about 100 lines available when I moved in.)

Anyway, 27 years later I'm now on 5M/256k with a private local ISP serving
fewer than 1,000 customers. My stepson built the system, Linux-based, all
glass up to the pole 300 feet away.

Dennis
(back to lurking & list management)

--

Please participate in my latest project:
http://maltedmedia.com/waam/