[Coco] Re: John Malmberg

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Sun Aug 27 14:52:47 EDT 2006

Brian Blake wrote:

>   Anybody have an alternate email address for John Malmberg than wb8tyw at qsl.net?
>   I need to send him a message and apparently whatever he or his isp
>   uses for a spamblocker is blocking yahoo mail addresses.

I do not have any client side spam blocking in effect, which means that
either messages with out viruses get through to me, or are rejected with
a 5xx code.

I can not control what QSL.NET is currently using for spam control.  The
rejection message from QSL.NET should be indicating the reason for
rejection.

As far as I know, qsl.net is not blocking based on e-mail addresses,
only I.P. addresses or what is detected by the content scanner.

If the rejection message just says "SPAM+SPAM+SPAM" in it, that
indicates that the content scanner is mis-interpreting the message as
spam.  In which case, I have to send a notice to the postmaster to give
it another tweak.

Otherwise, it should be indicating that the I.P. address of that yahoo
mail server was attempting to make the delivery, and where to lookup why
e-mail is being rejected from it.

QSL.NET also incorrectly rejects e-mail with a 5xx mail code if it can
not forward them to my other e-mail box below due to temporary issues.
It should be using 4xx codes instead.

>   Sorry to post this to the mailing list, but, I have no other way of contacting John...

malmberg(at)encompasserve.org has a less aggressive spam blocker.

Please also send the rejection text to that so I can see what is going on.

-John