[Coco] My coco3 gallery

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 19:58:59 EDT 2006

Phill Harvey-Smith said:

> Bob Devries wrote:
>> For anyone who's interested, particularly hardware hackers, photos of my
>> coco clone are up in the coco3.com gallery.
>>
>> http://www.coco3.com/gallery/v/User+Albums/bdevries/?g2_navId=xc2fc6713
>
> That's cool...guess I should post some piccies of my CoCos/Dragons at some
> point.....

Please do. I'm always interested in other computer systems, especially those
which were very uncommon, like the Dragon. I don't think the Dragon was ever
sold in Australia.

> You don't happen to have the schematic for the lower case mod do you (and
> a dump of the character rom), I'd like to have a go at making one of those
> sometime.

I'll see what I can do on that score. I don't have a schematic, but it
shouldn't be too hard to produce from the PCB.
I can dump the contents of the character ROM (if I don't already have it) on
my EPROM burner. The PCB sits in the socket of the 6847 VDG chip, and the
chip is plugged into the PCB.

> Phill.
>
> --
> Phill Harvey-Smith, Programmer, Hardware hacker, and general eccentric !
>
> "You can twist perceptions, but reality won't budge" -- Rush.

the capacity to be his spokesman,
so that I know how to help the weary.