[Coco] Why not 5.25 with XP?

David golgotha at toughguy.net
Tue Aug 22 19:58:38 EDT 2006

Hi Phil, thanks for the reply

Not being overly-techy when it comes to disk structures, etc..

Would it be possible to read two 256 byte (coco) sectors as one 512 byte
sectors, and decode in software?

When writing out, you'd need to first read in the 512 bytes, modify the
sector(s) as required, then write out as a 512 byte block.

Although this is double-handling, with smart use of software buffering
etc it would work well.. as long as the hardware can be fooled into
playing along

Of course, I'm probably not only barking up the wrong tree, but in the
wrong yard altogether

Any thoughts?

- David