[Color Computer] Re: [Coco] New CoCo game demo: Glove.

James Diffendaffer jdiffendaffer at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 13 20:43:42 EDT 2006

>"James Diffendaffer" <jdiffendaffer at yahoo.com>
>wrote in message news:eavqth+unls at eGroups.com...
>>I ran it on MESS last night and it looks pretty cool.
>> Kinda Low-Res but that's why it's so fast.
>> How about setting a better pallette if you detect a CoCo3?
>
>Hi, sorry I took so long to reply, but I think a CoCo 3 palette would
>be a good idea.
>
>If I can just figure out what this RGB/Composite stuff is...  Two
>different palettes?
>
>bye,
>James McKay.

Yup.  Sadly the hardware doesn't make colors look the same on both so
you have to create two different palettes.
I don't know of any way to detect which output is being used other
than to ask the user.
I'd make both palettes identical to start with and then hook it to
another monitor and fix the other palette after you get the rest
working.

I'd like to see the code you use to detect what system/config the
program is running on once you finish it.  I wanted to do the same
thing and started writing down addresses to test but haven't done
anything with it yet.

Yahoo! Groups Links