[Coco] FD-50x question

farna at att.net farna at att.net
Sun Aug 13 01:39:18 EDT 2006

Tandy yanked the pieces from the drive cable to make drive selection idiot proof. Sounds like that's a Tandy drive -- maybe they did the same on some of their AT compatibles? IBM set both drives to drive 0 then used a twist in the cable for the same reason. IBMs and clones were never intended to use more than two floppy drives. Other than the CoCo, I don't know of any computers that did. You could use more than two with a Commodore, but their serial drives were so slow I don't think it would have been worth the effort.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"