[Coco] FD-50x question

Robert Emery theother_bob at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 12 20:47:33 EDT 2006

----- Original Message ----
From: Brian Blake <random_rodder at yahoo.com>
To: coco at maltedmedia.com
Sent: Saturday, August 12, 2006 7:32:47 PM
Subject: [Coco] FD-50x question

Was playing with a TEAC FD-5gfr 1.2 MB today. This drive works well, as long as I'm not trying to read disks from other drives or read it's disks in other drives. No real surprise here...

  I did notice that the original drive for my FD-501 has jumpers on the DS0 & DS1 spots. They are soldered in place and drive 0 & 1 show the same directories, etc...
  I was able to use the TEAC as DS2 and even backed up Flightsim II (backup 0 to 2).

  My question is (and I thin kI know the answer..) do I have to desolder the jumper from DS1 on the FD-501 drive to use it as 0 and the teac as 1?

  Thanks,
  Brian