[Coco] OT - been away for a bit

Ken Carlin carlin at nauticom.net
Fri Aug 11 21:32:43 EDT 2006

Hello all:

This seemed to be the easiest way to contact everyone at once that might
have emailed me recently.  I haven't been around much and I wanted to
apologize for not replying if you've emailed me.

Been a rough month.  I was diagnosed with a brain tumor - it's on my
pituitary gland.  It's been slowly growing to the point of pushing on my
optic nerve and causing me to lose some vision.  The good news is that (a)
they caught it, (b) it's not cancerous, and (c) they can treat it with
medicine instead of having to remove it.  The treatment has already
restored some of my vision, and I'm hopeful more will return in time.
I'll know how well the pills are working on my next doctor visit.

If anybody else has been through this, I'd appreciate hearing your story.

And it's good to be able to read the list messages again!

--Ken