[Color Computer] [coco] Learning MW C

Robson dos Santos Franca robson at robsonfranca.eti.br
Fri Aug 11 21:19:17 EDT 2006

Hi,

In C, the basis for memory manipulation are the pointers. Thus, in order
to change memory information
just like we usually do in BASIC, you can try something like this:

#define PEEK(addr) (*((unsigned char *) addr))
#define POKE(addr, value) (*((unsigned char *) addr) = value)

However I've never seen OS-9's C. There must be another way to do the same.

Greets

Robson Franca

George's Coco Address wrote:

> For several years, I've been wanting to learn "C" .. the one that comes
> with OS-9.
>
> The hang up is peeks and pokes. I can't find a way to do this with "C".
>
> Can anyone help with this?
>
> George

Yahoo! Groups Links