[Coco] new high density controller

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Thu Aug 10 10:47:15 EDT 2006

The 2793 has internal clock divide. This would allow the switch between HD
and DD drives. It will not allow the  use of 1.2 Meg floppies.

Using the 2797 and an external clock divider will allow use of 360K, 720K,
1.2 M and 1.44M floppies.

You don't need two contrtoller chips. Yes you still have two adjustment pots.
Once set, they should not require frequent adjustments. The Intel 82077AA
should be the chip of choice if you desire no adjustments of pots. Though
major rewrite of the Disk basic is needed to communicate with this chip.

james