[Coco] new high density controller

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Thu Aug 10 10:06:37 EDT 2006

Before anyone goes hog wild and tries to reinvent the wheel, Michael Holly of the FLex User
Group has a design using the WD2797 chip and a Xilinx XC9572 CPLD, plus other discretes
to form a Floppy disk controller card.

All that would be needed to fit this to a Coco would be to resynthesize the CPLD to the
address range for the Coco Floppy address and relayout he card to fit the Coco form factor.

For the CPLD code it appears that he has included it in his documentation and all that is
needed is to change the address decode location, instantiate the modules and sysnthesize
the new code to program the CPLD.

james