[Coco] Re: *MORE* hard drive troubles!!!

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Aug 8 11:39:22 EDT 2006

On Tuesday 08 August 2006 06:42, Willard Goosey wrote:
>>From: Leon Howell <puritan_2076 at yahoo.com>
>>Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 15:43:31 +0000 (UTC)
>>
>>One of them, I guess. The disk hads both scsisys.dr and tcc_128.dr,
>>tcc_256.dr, tcc_512.dr, & tcc_1024.dr . I heard most hard drives were
>>
>>It locks up as soon as it tries to use the drivers or boots with them,
>> so it must be the drivers.
>
>Err, I missed the first part of this thread, but are you saying you
>have scsisys *and* the tccX drivers in your bootfile?
>
>That would probably be a bad thing.

Actually, it should be ok as long as the descriptors that point to each are
referring to separate interfaces AND devices.  Where one could find
dragons is where one descriptor points at one driver, and another uses a
different one, but that both point at the same physical interface or a
common drive.

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: