[Coco] FDD 26pin to 34pin

Chester A Patterson vchester at setec-cr.com
Mon Aug 7 16:42:04 EDT 2006

I see. Way back when, I had two 5.25" 360k and one 3.5" 720k running in
different configs and it was great (but as I think about it, never with
the 3.5" as FDD0)

I see what you mean about current FDD PC drive ID scheme, I bought two
brand new ALPS 1.44, however I was able to get at the solder pads and
change one FDD to drive 0. I was thinking of putting in some pins and a
jumper but it's not worth the bother.

Returning to my project... While I've got plenty of info on PC FDD
connections, cables, twists and what not, I guess what I REALLY need to
know is what signals are at the FDD end of a typical Coco FDD
controller. In my particular case a Disto Mini controller (and a SCI as
backup)

Thanks.