[Coco] high density floppy controller mods

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Sun Aug 6 16:30:30 EDT 2006

Joel

IF y ou intend to redo the disk controller or an ISA buss motherboard t hen
consider the WD2793/2797 FDC instead of the WD1773. It is software
compatible and is a single chip 5V solution. Like the 1793 and M8877 it will
do HD 1.44 Meg floppies.

Also interfacing the coco expansion buss to a fu ll blown ISA 8 bit buss
would not be that terribly difficult to do. A CPLD with sufficient IOBs will do
very nicely.

james