[Coco] DS-69B Reverse Engineering

poco6809 at hotmail.com poco6809 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 5 03:19:21 EDT 2006

I did some programming on one of those things years ago. Actually wrote a
cute little VCR program.
If I remember correctly the 69B scanned in columns, 8 to be exact. You would
program a comparator register to tell it what luminance level you were
looking for another register telling it what column you wanted, then wait
for the scan beam to be in the right spot, read 16 bits from another
register and wait for the next scan line. that would give you 1 column of
video, then just do it again for the next column. If you want to send me the
code I'll sell if it shakes any cobwebs loose.