[Coco] Re: *MORE* hard drive troubles!!!

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Thu Aug 3 13:45:32 EDT 2006

Leon Howell wrote:
>>The hd interface or the hard drive isn't working properly.  There
>>could be a bad connection, like at the 40 pin card slots.
>

> The drive works perfectly under RGB-DOS.

I just reviewed this thread and it seems pretty straight forward. You
can't create a boot disk that will boot from the hard drive until you
format the hard drive for OS-9 use, create a CMDS directory, and add
other needed files.

If you want, you can create a boot disk that boots as a floppy but
contains the hard disk drive and descriptor. That will permit you to
create the OS-9 partition on the hard drive. However, that is not
necessary. You can also merge the driver for the hard disk and the
descriptor h0 into a single file, run attr e pe on the merged file, load
the file and iniz h0. That will also give you access to the hard drive.

One thing that may be causing problems is a conflict in your os9boot
file. Scsisys and h0 obviously are a driver descriptor for hard drive
use, but what is tcc512. Is that for hard drive use or floppies?