[Coco] [Fwd: Broken programs in latest release]

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Tue Aug 1 13:59:54 EDT 2006

Robert Gault wrote:

> The NitrOS-9 developers list returned an error so I'm resending the
> message to the Coco list.
>             The Postfix program
>
> <devel at nitros9.org>: Command died with status 1:
>     "/usr/pkg/libexec/majordomo/wrapper resend -R -r devel -l devel -h
>     nitros9.org devel-outgoing"

> Subject:
> Broken programs in latest release
> From:
> Robert Gault <robert.gault at worldnet.att.net>
> Date:
> Tue, 01 Aug 2006 06:37:52 -0400
> To:
> NitrOS9 <devel at nitros9.org>
>
> To:
> NitrOS9 <devel at nitros9.org>
>

> I've noticed that some of my programs have broken because of changes to
> the system in the latest releases. Eventually I'll find out why.
> However, I've also found one of my favorite programs VU by Vaughn Cato
> is also broken. This may be harder to fix, although I do have the C
> source for it.
>
> Does anyone else have and use vu? Could you test it with the latest
> release and report what happens?

Here is more info on vu which has me confused. There is something about
the 80 column /term window in the latest NitrOS-9 distribution that vu
does not like. Any other text window (80 columns) that I create can run
vu without any problems.

The windows that I create, normally have black text on white screens
while /term has black text on a green screen. I can't see how that can
be the problem but that's the only difference I can find.